Associate Degree in laboratory science or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited histotechnician program or HT/HTL registration with ASCP, with relevant experience.
Independently performs laboratory tasks.
Responsible for following lab
procedures on specimen processing and handling, testing, analyzing, reporting,
and maintaining complete and accurate records of all testing performed on-site.
Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results.
Assisting with inventory management. Performs all
aspects of histology testing, including: Grossing, sectioning, microtoming,
and maintaining lab equipment.
Embedding, cutting, and staining slides of a
quality acceptable to the pathologists.
Performing routine stains, special
stains and immunohistochemical techniques.
Summarize and prepare pre-testing
and testing material for pathologist-level sign-out.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Independently perform laboratory tasks
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Organizational skills
- Clerical skills
- Computer skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Retirement matching plan
- Health benefits